Monday, February 03, 2014

Hong Kong, we like Hong Kong, and the Shanghai, if you can find the bank

Date: 03 Feb 2014
Time: 1700 hrs
Place: Dhoby Ghaut MRT

I'm looking at my phone just inside the Dhoby Ghaut MRT entrance near Atrium where the bubble tea shop is, and heading to the basement, when a grey haired Caucasian man with a slight Australian accent, in t-shirt and jeans and looking very sweaty, came up to me quite flustered and asked me where the HSBC bank branch is. I said it used to be on the ground floor before the renovations (where Plaza Singapura took over Atrium) and I went back up to ground level with him to the bubble tea shop and it wasn't there anymore. So I walked with him inside Plaza Singapura to look for some kind of information counter and I led him instead to the touchscreen information panel and he found that it was in Basement 1. I oriented myself based on the other nearby shops and quickly walked him downstairs to the bank. On the way he told me that he needed an actual teller and not the ATM and he told me that he was just in Malaysia and that it was just as muggy as here. We reached the bank and he shook my hand and thanked me and got inside just in time before it closed.

No comments: