Friday, September 14, 2012

Driver's block


Date: 14 Sep 2012
Time: 1100 hrs
Place: Gombak camp taxi stand

I wasn't the only person waiting for a taxi at the taxi stand - there were two young boys in front of me in jeans and both dragging large duffel bags, and a guy dressed in office wear and carrying a laptop behind me. But the lorry drove right up to me, the driver got off, and asked me where is Gombak Block 308. He seemed foreign, maybe from the subcontinent. I initially assumed he was royally lost and trying to find Bukit Gombak HDB block 308, but no, he said he had changed pass and that his boss was waiting for him (what a terrible boss to allow his staff to be left behind like that). I had no idea where this block was, but he mentioned that his boss told him to turn right, so I directed him to drive through the security check and take a right down into the smaller camp. He thanked me and sped off.

No comments: