Saturday, January 07, 2006

the bank with the key...

Date: 07 Jan 2006
Time: 2029 hrs
Place: Just outside Mustafa

We're going to do some late night shopping at Mustafa and just as we were going into the entrance a young Chinese man came up to me and asked me, in Mandarin, where the nearest ATM was. He looked very much like an ah-beng and spoke almost no English. He was very polite though. He told me the bank had to be "the one with the key", and I could understand that he meant the POSB because that's the shape of their logo. I told him to go down Kitchener Road and then turn left on Jalan Besar as there's a POSB branch there.

So perhaps there was some good in having those symbols for the government bodies shaped like what they were. Like the PUB symbol looking like a lightbulb, or the HDB logo looking like a house.

No comments: